Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Fellow Buddies. . .

My name is Brittny Hall and I have been struggling with my weight since I was 12. Here is my story:

I moved up from Florida to North Carolina when I was 11. Before I had moved I went to daycare with my childhood friends and we were active EVERY afternoon. We usually played soccer. And before then I was in all kinds of dance and gymnastics classes from the time I was 3. I was always stick thin. My mother has even told me that she feared I was too skinny growing up.

Shortly after my family relocated, I realized that I had not been so active. Between not having anyone to be active with, and turning into a lazy teen, I started gaining weight.

Around 9th grade alot of "tragic" things impacted me mentally and I started binging and purging. (A secret I have shared with few.) I then tried starving myself but found that my self control was weak. I HAD to eat.

I dieted off and on all through high school thinking that if I just didn't eat for a while and then ate one meal or something that I'd quickly get thin, but I was all wrong. The less I ate, the more I wanted all the bad things. When I finaly let myself eat, I binged.

Well, that is all in the past now. Today starts a new day. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and wondering if I would be prettier if I were skinnier and healthier. I am tired of having to buy extra large shirts. It's depressing to even go shopping for clothes now because I'm afraid of what size clothing I'm going to end up coming home with.

I am not going to be going on a diet, but better yet, I am changing my way of life. This is a whole new era for me. Meals will be smaller portions. I will not be eating fatty meats. (I am going to try to stick with poultry and fish.) I will have lots of fruits and veggies to fill me up. Carbs? Well I can't kick those suckers to the curb comepletely. I'm going to limit myself to small portions and only good carbs.

My goal is to loose at least 50 lbs. My major goal is to lose 75 lbs. BUT, one step at a time right?!

Here's the catch. If I lose 50 lbs, I am going to consider surgery. What kind of surgery?! Breast lift and body lipo/tuck/lift. (Only of necessary.) I have personal reasons for the surgery, and I don't feel the need to explain. I am simply looking for support on this journey to lose the weight the right way. Let's do this together! ARE YOU WITH ME??!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment